All adult volunteer (anybody out of high school) need to submit to a background check once every three years. The background check form and a copy of our policy and procedure can be found on our Forms page.
- All adults (those out of high school at least 1 year) need to submit to a background check every three years.
- This will be done on the same basis as all other Jesse Lee Memorial UMC background checks.
- If there is a conviction or plea of no contest for any situation that may disqualify an adult volunteer, then the individual will not be allowed to volunteer with Jesse Lee ASP At Home.
- If there is a conviction of plea of no contest for a driving related offense of the individual has had a suspended driver’s license withing the past 5 years, then the individual will be able to volunteer with Jesse Lee ASP at Home but will NOT be able to drive other individuals at any time during the trip.
- Our Forms Director will collect the background verification authorization forms in sealed envelopes.
- The Forms Director will log in who has turned in an envelope.
- The Forms Director will give the sealed envelope to the church administrator.
- The church administrator will run the background check by submitting the info on the forms to the Church’s background check company.
- The church administrator will mail a copy of the report to the individual and file a copy with Social Security number blacked out in a locked, secure storage.
- If there is any situation that may disqualify an adult volunteer on the report:
- The church administrator will inform Jesse Lee’s senior pastor.
- The senior pastor will contact the individual and tell them that they cannot participate with Jesse Lee’s ASP At Home group.
- Either the individual or the senior pastor will inform someone on the Jesse Lee ASP council that the individual will not be participating. The reason for not going does not need to be disclosed.
- The senior pastor will make sure that the individual is not on the final list of adults participating.
- If there is a driving related offense on the report:
- The church administrator will notify one of the ASP At Home council directors.
- An ASP At Home council director will contact the individual and tell them that they cannot drive other individuals during the Jesse Lee ASP At Home project.