Registration is done online. You will need to have all of your information handy before you start, including: personal data, emergency contacts, medical history (including tetanus shot date), insurance information and credit card/banking details.
It is important that the participant be involved in the registration process as they will be asked to acknowledge that they have read certain sections.
When you submit your registration form online, you will be redirected back to this website’s Forms page. Please print out and complete the required forms. Completed forms can be turned in at the Orientation meeting. You cannot do any skill training until your registration is completed and your signed forms are turned in.
If you have questions regarding registration, you may contact us at email@example.com
All volunteers must attend one orientation session to learn about the project, local poverty as well as “Three S’s” – safety, sensitivity and stewardship. The session will be offered twice – you only need to attend one.
The dates are as follows:
- February 28th and March 8th
Contact: Julie Yaun, 203-731-4270
Basic Skills Training for First-Timers
Anyone who has not participated in ASP At Home or ASP before is required to attend a 2.5-hour session that will include brief lectures and demonstrations on work site safety. It will also include instruction and supervised individual practice on the safe use of the circular saw, power drill, and hammer. Click “read more” to get additional information and sign up.
All ASP At Home participants are required to participate in a wheelchair ramp building session. This 3 hour session is designed to imitate a standard workday. Participants will be assigned a work crew based on experience and will assist in the assembly of several segments of a wheelchair ramp. Click “read more” to get additional information and sign up.
Online Sign Ups
Signups for all activities are online. When signing up, please keep some things in mind:
- Use the unique email that you used to register for the project.
- Sign-Up Genius will send you an email asking you to “opt-in” to the system for text messages. If you do not opt-in, reminders will go to your email.
- If necessary, the same sign up link can be used to make changes up to 48 hours before your scheduled activity. Once into Sign-Up Genius, it will prompt you to input an email address. It will then send you an email with instructions on how to make the change.
- If you determine within 48 hours of an event that you are unable to attend a session that you have signed up, please reach out to the contact person for that activity.